Circa : 1945 Vintage
“The first Cozy Dog House was located on South Grand between Fifth and Sixth Street in Springfield. A second Cozy Dog House was located at Ash & MacArthur. In 1949, Drive In was born; built on “Route 66” South Sixth Street. In 1996 Cozy Dog moved to its current location, where Sue (Ed’s daughter in law) Josh, Eddie, Tony & Nick (Ed’s grandsons) continue on with the business right next door to the original location.” CozyDogDriveIn.com
Original home South 6th Street and Apple Orchard Rd. Moved to present location when Walgreens bought property. This is now a revolving dog. Mr. Walmeir got the idea from a Texas dollhouse while he was in the service.