Circa: 1953

For Pepsi-Cola, the 50’s brought on a more sophisticated advertising campaign.  Pepsi was no longer advertised based on price, but as a lifestyle accompaniment.  A new logo incorporating the “bottle cap” was adopted, and This 12’ tall Pepsi bottle cap features the official 1953 Pepsi cap design along with an open can channel logo with up to four strokes of ruby red neon. This piece was originally produced by Greely Sign Co. as part of an outdoor billboard structure.  The sign was retired into storage for decades and brought out of what is now the Evans-Mason facility on 11th St. in Springfield, IL to be restored in early 2016 as part of the museum.

references :  Pepsi Revised Story. Pepsi.com. Retrieved 8 March 2016.

 

Sign of The Times The Pepsi Cola Generation