Steak’ N’ Shake Carhop

By |2021-07-01T15:42:09-05:00June 30th, 2021|Categories: Sign Museum|Tags: , , |

Circa: 1940 Original location was 8th and S. Grand.  Donated by Mr. and Mrs. Shartzel Bruno- present operators of Hand painted on plywood.  The first Steak ‘N Shake was founded in Normal Illinois by Gus Belt in February 1934. Wikipedia , Carhop history Old Steak 'N Shake Photos  https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10200224073188526&set=a.1033992934086.2006182.1353319635&type=3